Fortmann/Bavarian Brewery (1841-1865)
Conrad Muentzenberger partnered himself with a saloonkeeper, Francis Fortmann, to rebuild the Fleischmann brewery; however by 1846 Muentzenberger was no longer a business partner. The brewery was now know as Fortmann’s Bavarian Brewery, and Fortmann expanded in 1853 by taking over the old Reilly Brewery. In 1865 the brewery closed doors for good.
The Fortmann/Bavarian Brewery was also rumored to have been the first Cincinnati brewery to have produced lager beer as early as 1846. Whoever was the first to produce lager beer in Cincinnati, it is clear that this location was at the heart of that pioneering event.