51 Rohs Hill Brewing Co. (1885-1888)

posted in: brewers, Cincinnati history | 0

Louis Lienhart leased the Clifton Brewery from Jacob Elsas in 1885 and called his brewery the Rohs Hill Brewing Company. In 1886 Elsas let Lienhart out of the lease, and in 1888 the brewery was finally demolished to make way for the Jacob Elsas Subdivision. The original brewery structure was in the middle of what is now Chickasaw Street, between the addresses of 2336 and 2328 Chickasaw Street.