"In 1859 , Margaret Duhme and William Schild operated this brewery on the north side of Lexington Pike between Lewis and Western Row, Covington, Kentucky. The Business was also called the Lexington Brewery. Both Duhme and Schild lived in Cincinnati, Duhme at 432 Main in the Over-The-Rhine area. She resided with a son, John, and a daughter, Mary, at the time.
John H. Duhme produced his "celebrated" cream ale in 1862. It sold in barrels, half barrels, or bottles at the brewery or the main outlet at 21 W. 4th Street, Cincinnati." Cincinnati Breweries, Robert J. Wimberg (1997)